Town of Lyme
December 28th, 2005
Fire Station Training Room
APPROVED: January 11th, 2005
Present at this meeting: Selectmen: Judith Shelnutt Brotman & Richard Jones. Budget Committee Members: Gibb Cornwell, Jeff Lehmann, Josh Kilham, Chairman Barney Brannen, Wayne Tullar, Freda Swan, Mike Smith, & Manning Rountree. Bookkeeper/Selectmen’s Secretary & Scribe Dina Cutting. Library Trustee Steven Campbell.
The meeting was called to order at 7:00pm by Chair Brannen.
*Mr. Cornwell moved the minutes of December 7th, 2005. Seconded by Mr. Lehmann. A correction was offered, change January to December. The motion was voted Gibb Cornwell, Jeff Lehmann, Josh Kilham, Chairman Barney Brannen, Wayne Tullar, Freda Swan, and Manning Rountree in favor. Mr. Smith abstained. The motion passed with correction noted.
*Mr. Smith moved the minutes of December 14th, 2005. Seconded by Mrs. Shelnutt Brotman. Mr. Lehmann read a statement he requested be added to the minutes of this meeting. This statement involves comments he made in an e-mail he sent prior to the December 14th, 2005 meeting. It was noted that the e-mail will be attached to the minutes of the meeting. Copies of all the official minutes are kept in the Selectmen’s Office for the public to access. If an attachment can not be made to the minutes on the town Web page it will be noted that a hard copy can be picked up in the town offices. Mr. Lehmann agreed to this and thanked the Budget Committee. Mr. Cornwell requested the pages of the minutes be numbered. The motion was voted Gibb Cornwell, Josh Kilham, Chairman Barney Brannen, Wayne Tullar, and
Freda Swan in favor. Manning Rountree & Jeff Lehmann abstained. The motion passed.
Comments and discussion concerning the proposed budget:
1) Mr. Jones requested the Budget Committee re-vote line 4312, the Highway budget. Because of the rounding in his computer program the spread sheet does not match what the budget committee voted.
*Mrs. Swan moved to change line 4312 to $550,574.00. Seconded by Mrs. Shelnutt Brotman. The motion was voted unanimously in favor.
2) The money for the New Cemetery Fund will be coming out of undesignated funds. This will not be a Capital Reserve Fund. The money will be coming from the Trustees of the Trust Fund to the town’s undesignated funds and then into the New Cemetery Fund. This will change the total for line 4915.
*Mrs. Swan moved to take out the $10,462.00, and moved line 4915 at $243,500.00. Seconded by Mrs. Shelnutt Brotman. This money will show up on the MS-7. It will be funds voted out of the undesignated fund. A warrant article will be brought to Town meeting for a vote for the exact amount. As soon as we receive the check from the Trustees of the Trust Fund we will know that amount. The motion was voted unanimously.
With the change in the amount of To Capital Reserve Funds this has reduced the amount to be raised by taxes by about $10,000.00. The estimated amount to be raised by taxes is a $129,161.00 increase over last year.
3) It was noted that the Skiway does not make any payments in lieu of taxes anymore. The following changes have been made concerning the Dartmouth Skiway in the recent years.
· The property has been reconfigured as far as what is taxed and what is not.
· There is a written document concerning children of Lyme resident’s that are school age ski for free at the skyway.
· The Skiway pays for any ambulance bills generated by people at the Skiway not covered by insurance or the individual who incurred the bill.
4) The New Town Poor Fund was explained and briefly discussed.
There being no further business at this time, Mrs. Shelnutt Brotman moved to adjourn. Seconded by Mrs. Swan. Motion voted unanimously in favor.
January 2nd, 2005 7:00 pm
Fire Station Training Room