Before We Can Help You, We Need to Find You
Next time you’re driving through Lyme at night, note how easy it is to see a reflective street number on a mailbox. Now, imagine you’ve called 9-1-1 at night. Will we see your house number that easily? Help us find you in an emergency – Time is critical.
Your helping us help you at a 911 moment is pretty simple – get your house numbers up where emergency responders can see them. You’ll find ideas below on how to do this most effectively.
- Numbers should be a minimum of 3 inches high by 2 ½ inches wide reflectorized.
- On your house:
- Place at eye level near your entrance door visible
- Include numbering for any unit numbers
- At the street entrance to your home:
- Number both sides of the mailbox, and make sure the numbers can be seen when the mailbox flag is down.
- If your mailbox and your home are on opposite sides of the street, consider adding a reflective arrow pointing toward your house or post-mounted numbering at the street end of your driveway.
- If installing on a post, apply the numbers four feet above the ground to avoid snow cover.
- If you share a driveway, please have additional numbering and directional signage at the various decision points along the way.
- On your house:
- Make sure the telephone company has your correct street address.
- Make sure everyone in the house knows the correct street address.
Get your numbers
Call Lyme Home & Hardware ~ 795-2220.
Get help buying or installing your numbers
Those Guys have offered to help. Contact Contact Kevin Rhoads, 603-795-4417
Thanks very much from those who appreciate your help on this one. Lyme FAST Squad • Lyme Fire Department • Lyme Police Department